Friday, June 12, 2009

HDTV Hook up!!!

If you are buying a new TV for your home theater, I think you should aim high. HDTV is upon us and since February 2009 the USA is committed to High Definition. So, I would make sure that your new TV is capable of receiving it. Then I suggest that the new home theater screen be a flat one to reduce the annoying glare that could ruin the experience. (This could be another reason for opting for a projection screen).Finally, you should ensure that your new TV has enough input and output plugs for the peripheral equipment you plan to use and you’re done. Therefore, to summarize, I recommend you choose:
At minimum a 27 inch screen
A flat screen
HDTV compliant
Plenty of input and output plugs
Satellite compliant
I recommend satellite compatibility because it is probably the future or near future at least. If you get a satellite TV connection you will have access to HDTV downloads which you can watch whenever you like. However, if you prefer a television screen, then you might be considering buying a new one. They say that a 27 inch screen is big enough, but I do not think it is. I think you need 48-60 inches, but then I’m a baby-boomer and my eyes are definitely not what they were.

No comments:

728x90