Sunday, April 17, 2011

Sheffield Wednesday


Football, as everyone knows, is the most famous sport in the world. However, I learned another important fact after reaching Sheffield. It’s one of the craziest games and has fans for all the teams in the English league football. Let it be a big club like Manchester United or an ordinary club like Swindon. They have huge fans following these clubs. Before coming to Sheffield, I was aware of the football club, Sheffield United. I thought it was the only club in Sheffield, but, I learnt they have a very noisy neighbour in their own city named Sheffield Wednesday. The club is situated very near to my house and to be honest, I’ve started to follow them.  The Owls, that’s how they are called, is a huge fan following club, because I can tell from the way they support.  Whenever I visit a pub during the weekend to watch a match, I can see the passion and the eagerness with the fans. These fans are against the Blades, Sheffield United and won’t support them.  However, both these clubs will never meet against each other in this season, as Sheffield United plays in the Championship league and Wednesday in the Second league. So, there is no chance for this big derby clash. I’ve been to Wednesday once, but not for a match or stadium trip. It’s just I was roaming here and there, and suddenly the club passed on my way. 

No comments:

728x90